About Me

My photo
I am a Mormon Missionary serving in the Michigan Lansing Mission. I enjoy serving the people of Michigan and love the area. I am also an ice cream addict in the process of recovery :)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wait a little longer

Developing a stronger testimony has been on my mind the last little while. I feel like my testimony has grown immensely in the last year or so but I want it to be stronger. Sometimes I struggle with the fact that a testimony isnt on the dollar menu. It is something we have to work for and it takes a long time to acquire. I was doing a study on patience this morning and a few scriptures hit me really hard.
 In Alma 32:41-43 it reads, "41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with apatience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree bspringing up unto everlasting life.

  42 And because of your adiligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the bfruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.

  43 Then, my brethren, ye shall areap the brewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth cfruit unto you. "
In order to develop a testimony we must diligently exercise our faith. We must also be patient with the process. That is something that has never stood out to me before. If you arnt patient with the growth process of a testimony then you will not grow. You can be as diligent as you want but if you dont have patience it availeth nothing. Patience in this sense means enduring delay with a positive and hopeful attitude. How many times do we go day to day doing things just to do them but never having a positive and hopeful attitude? I know I have way to many of those days. If we can look forward with "a perfect brightness of hope" through all trial or tribulation, our understanding of God and His plan will grow into deeply rooted knowledge. Our testimony's will become firm and unshaken. We will make it back to Heavenly Father. Like my dad always tells me, "Be patient with yourself, you are progressing nicely."

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard sometimes to have the patience to nourish the word.

    Here's some stuff I wrote about patience when I studied it:
    http://scriptoriumblogorium.blogspot.com/search/label/patience

    ReplyDelete