I did a study on Hope this morning and it helped me out quite a bit. Here are some of my notes:
- To Desire with expectation of fulfillment; Await; Watch.
Those are some of the definitions that I liked as I searched the Dictionary.
True to the Faith
- Hope is sure, unwavering and active.
- We need to have a "Lively Hope." Lively: Quick to rebound; Full of life.
- As you strive to live the Gospel, you grow in your ability to abound in Hope.
- We increase in hope as we pray and seek God's forgiveness.
- We increase in hope as we read and apply the scriptures.
- With hope, you can find joy in life.
PMG "Hope" pg. 117
- Trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you.
- It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance.
2 Nephi 31:20
- We must press forward with a firm belief and assurance in Christ as well as having a perfect brightness of hope.
A perfect brightness of hope means never being discouraged, always staying firm and manifesting confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance.
- The Nephites pour out their souls in prayer to God and are filled with assurances that they will be delivered.
- Through assurances, God spoke peace to their souls.
- Through prayer, the Nephites gained hope which gave them great courage.
- Those who believe in God should expect to have a better world, even a place at the right hand of God.
- This assurance or expectation comes from exercising Faith.
- Hope maketh an anchor to the souls of men.
- Hope makes men sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.
Our day to day activities should be motivated by our hope in Christ. As we exercise Faith through prayer, scripture study, etc... we obtain a greater assurance of the Atonement. This in turn speaks peace to our souls and brings us happiness and peace. It is my testimony that developing a greater Hope through the Atonement of Jesus Christ will allow us to become the best people that we can be. We can be happy in this life and receive Eternal Life in the world to come. Feel free to add your thoughts and I will add more after a future study!